About Me

I'm an accountancy student in Malayan Colleges Laguna. I have lots of dreams and aspirations... I'll achieve them, you'll see...no matter what...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

4th Meeting Questions

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?

- I feel good about it. Because I'm not really aware and I don't pay too much attention to the positive characteristics and qualities of mine. I rarely think about it that's why I don't appreciate it that much. But then, after our fourth meeting on Values011, I learned self-appreciation. However, its not about taking too much pride on my good characteristics and achievements and brag it to other people, but its more about accepting myself exactly as who I really am. And that's really important. I'll have self-respect and through that I can respect other people and vice-versa.

2. The Golden Rule says, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:

- when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation:

I'll appreciate it if they will consider my answer and try to explain to me properly why I'm wrong.

- when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion:

Ofcourse, I like them (my teacher and schoolmates) to pay attention to me whether or not my opinion is correct. Its like giving respect if they'll listen while I'm talking.

- when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation:

Its unavoidable that my suggestion might not be accepted but it will bring me a good feeling if my groupmates will give what I'm suggesting a try and give a consideration to it.

- when you commit mistake:

No man wanted to feel down and get offended, so when I commit a mistake I don't like other people to treat me like an insect or tease me like I'm very stupid. What I want them to do is accept me and understand why I've done wrong.

- when you don't like doing what they ask you to do:

I want them to respect my decision. 'Coz i reaaly mean it when I said I don't want what they're asking me to do.

- when they want to give you comments or suggestions?

I'll be grateful if they correct the things I've done wrong or give me comments and suggestions for my own sake if and only if they do it the right way. I mean if they talk to me properly and nicely so that I won't get offended.

b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with restpect what can you commit to yourself in terms of dealing with the MCL commmunity: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?

- Just like what the Golden Rule says, I promise that I won't do things to others that I don't want to be done on me. In simple words, I'll respect everybody surrounding me inside and outside the MCL community so that I'll gain their respect also. No matter who you are, your status in life, your gender, religion and nationality, I'll treat you with the utmost courtesy, honesty and equality.

No comments:

MySpace Layouts